Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Neil Young - Live (Solo), 01/25/83



Neil Young (Solo)
January 25, 1983
Cow Palace, Daly City, CA


Disc 1

01. The Old Laughing Lady
02. Motor City
03. Revolution Blues
04. Don't Let It Bring You Down
05. Soul Of A Woman
06. Are There Any More Real Cowboys?
07. Old Man
08. My Boy
09. Helpless
10. Dance Dance Dance
11. Heart Of Gold
12. Don't Be Denied

Disc 2

01. Pocahontas
02. Sail Away
03. Powderfinger
04. Ohio
05. Human Highway
06. After The Gold Rush
07. Transformer Man
08. My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)
09. Mr. Soul
10. Comes A Time
11. I Am A Child
12. Computer Age

When I got into bootleg trading, all by mail back in the dark ages, I hooked up with a lot of very serious and often secretive traders. This is one of three I got in exchange from a fellow who wouldn't take any of my collection in exchange - I had to make him full-color art for each show. So I did. And I had to provide the art before I got the music! Very odd.

But it was worth it because they are some of my favorite Neil boots. Of the three, I picked this one first because I don't know how widely available any of these solo Trans-tour shows are. I've got the other two ripped and ready to upload, too, don't fret. (Sorry, but that art is long gone in a fabulous blaze of crashing harddrives...)

Live Music Is Better! (Bumper stickers will be issued)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Totally Fuzzy
 

Nothin' But Neil

"Live music is better," right? That's what Nothin' But Neil is all about - live music. Specifically, live Neil Young. All bootlegs, all the time. No legit releases (though plenty of links to give folks the chance to buy the Real Neil Deal). Format is FLAC so that you can burn to CD or convert to MP3 yourself. Hopefully, Neil will give permission to the Live Music Archive someday to host his shows, but until then, well, somebody has to do it.

Followers